Update added by user Dec 19, 2014
I have emailed Customer Service and am waiting on a response back. I will keep you posted how everything turns out.
Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2014
We paid extra at Furniture Row at the time of the sale for our leather furniture to include a No Hassle Five Year Fabric Protection Plan. They told us at time of sale that if ANYTHING happens to our couch within five years it will be covered no questions asked. They also told us our couches were authentic leather pieces.
After three years with no issues the couches began to peel in random areas (even where you are not putting pressure like from sitting on the furniture) After submitting our claim we were denied.
We contacted the regional manager with our concern as by now it is peeling really bad everywhere. He said they consider this normal wear and was very rude.
I'm sorry but having all three pieces peeling with normal sitting on the furniture is NOT normal. There are large chunks just flaking off now. If I knew my furniture would only last 4 years and they were not going to stand behind their product I NEVER would have purchased. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NOT SHOP THERE AGAIN.
Lastly we had a furniture repair man come out and tell us it is not even real leather which is what was told by us at time of sale. He can not fix our couches and he thought it was ridiculous to consider this normal.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Previous experience
What I disliked
- Not standing behind product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Couch
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "We have an Ashfield 1 handle kitchen faucet, purchased in 2007 when we remodeled our kitchen. It retails on the Price Pfister web site for $527, so it's not exactly..."
- "Ordered on 6/10/13.Charged my credit card the same day.Email sent to me on 6/11/13 saying they had shipped my product. Cool!Started calling customer service 6/20/13. Left messages, no calls back.6/21/13..."
- "I hired man recommended by your service and he turned out to be a fraud!! I'm disabled and he took me for $212.00!!! This is a lot of..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."