Furniture is peeling at a rapid rate and Furniture Row considers this normal?

79 of 182 Furniture Row reviews

Update added by user Dec 19, 2014

I have emailed Customer Service and am waiting on a response back. I will keep you posted how everything turns out.

Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2014

We paid extra at Furniture Row at the time of the sale for our leather furniture to include a No Hassle Five Year Fabric Protection Plan. They told us at time of sale that if ANYTHING happens to our couch within five years it will be covered no questions asked. They also told us our couches were authentic leather pieces.

After three years with no issues the couches began to peel in random areas (even where you are not putting pressure like from sitting on the furniture) After submitting our claim we were denied.

We contacted the regional manager with our concern as by now it is peeling really bad everywhere. He said they consider this normal wear and was very rude.

I'm sorry but having all three pieces peeling with normal sitting on the furniture is NOT normal. There are large chunks just flaking off now. If I knew my furniture would only last 4 years and they were not going to stand behind their product I NEVER would have purchased. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NOT SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Lastly we had a furniture repair man come out and tell us it is not even real leather which is what was told by us at time of sale. He can not fix our couches and he thought it was ridiculous to consider this normal.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
79 of 182 Furniture Row reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jul 19, 2015 #1009485

Who is the manufacturer of the couch?

0 0 Reply

Jul 02, 2015 #1002754

Unfortunately, this is normal. If you go to Craigslist and search free sofas or used sofas for sale, this is happening to everyone. It's not the store, it's the material. Manufacturers are using bonded leather and other materials as a cheaper option than leather and this is the results. It looks good when you first buy it but after a year and about 2 kids, it looks like your picture. I see this all the time. I saw the store responded to your complaint, that is very awesome of them!

1 0 Reply

Feb 01, 2015 #939338 Bridgeview, Illinois, United States

I've been looking at a leather sectional from furniture row for the past month. Thanks for saving me all the hassle. I hope the best for you. Business like this should be held accountable & with enough grief, I think they will be. I understand we can't all afford the best. I only want want I'm told/promised I'm getting. That is the issue here. Good luck

4 0 Reply
FurnitureRowCustomerServi

Dec 15, 2014 #916022

Furniture Row verified representative

Hello,
We are very sorry to hear about your sofa. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to have corporate reach out to you by phone. Could you please first email me at CustomerService@FurnitureRow.com with the location you shopped at, and your phone number? We look forward to resolving this and making things right.
Rose A. (Furniture Row Customer Service)

1 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.