Furniture is peeling at a rapid rate and Furniture Row considers this normal?
Update added by user Dec 19, 2014
I have emailed Customer Service and am waiting on a response back. I will keep you posted how everything turns out.
Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2014
We paid extra at Furniture Row at the time of the sale for our leather furniture to include a No Hassle Five Year Fabric Protection Plan. They told us at time of sale that if ANYTHING happens to our couch within five years it will be covered no questions asked. They also told us our couches were authentic leather pieces.
After three years with no issues the couches began to peel in random areas (even where you are not putting pressure like from sitting on the furniture) After submitting our claim we were denied.
We contacted the regional manager with our concern as by now it is peeling really bad everywhere. He said they consider this normal wear and was very rude.
I'm sorry but having all three pieces peeling with normal sitting on the furniture is NOT normal. There are large chunks just flaking off now. If I knew my furniture would only last 4 years and they were not going to stand behind their product I NEVER would have purchased. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NOT SHOP THERE AGAIN.
Lastly we had a furniture repair man come out and tell us it is not even real leather which is what was told by us at time of sale. He can not fix our couches and he thought it was ridiculous to consider this normal.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Previous experience
What I disliked
- Not standing behind product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Couch
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I hired man recommended by your service and he turned out to be a fraud!! I'm disabled and he took me for $212.00!!! This is a lot of..."
- "We have an Ashfield 1 handle kitchen faucet, purchased in 2007 when we remodeled our kitchen. It retails on the Price Pfister web site for $527, so it's not exactly..."
- "Ordered on 6/10/13.Charged my credit card the same day.Email sent to me on 6/11/13 saying they had shipped my product. Cool!Started calling customer service 6/20/13. Left messages, no calls back.6/21/13..."