3.5
Style and Design

Purchased a 5 piece desk set with an extended warranty. After the first year the finish on the desk started to chip off and the keyboard bracket cracked and broke.

I contacted the store manager who agreed to warranty just the desk portion but told me that the warranty is only a ONE TIME WARRANTY and I may want wait and see if I have any other problems with the desk before I use up my warranty as it was for 5 years. 4 years into the warranty the front of the drawer fell off, the chipping and cracking on the desk was much worse and I contacted the store again. They had me send pictures then informed me sorry this is normal wear and tear not covered by the extended warranty. They didn't care that the drawer front fell off or the steel brackets on the keyboard extension were broken again and the latches jammed so you could not close it up.

I complained and spoke with someone higher up and was told the same thing --sorry it is not covered.

BEWARE their extended warranty is worthless and the managers at the store lie.

I will never purchase another thing at this store.

I bought this at the Lansing Michigan store. Very unhappy

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Many options for what i was looking for.

I didn't like: Being lied to & run around to get replaced under warranty.

Comments

Elvivi7

I had the same problem with their extended warranty, but with my Bed. I Will never buy from them again.

FRCustomerService
to WeeklyTasmanian Devil617 #1557154
Furniture Row Verified Representative

Hello WeeklyTasmanian Devil617, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment about your experience. We're sorry to hear that about your warranty issue, and we'd like the chance to look into this.

If you could please visit our Customer Support Center at furniturerow.zendesk.com to fill out a form, someone will be able to reach out to you. Please include that you were contacted via your Pissed Consumer comment. We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely, Jennifer B. Furniture Row Digital Community Coordinator

FRCustomerService
Furniture Row Verified Representative

Hello, Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide some feedback on your recent experience. We're very sorry to hear that, and we'd like to speak with you further about this.

If you could please visit our Customer Support Center at furniturerow.zendesk.com to fill out a form, someone will be able to reach out to you. Please include that you were contacted via your Pissed Consumer review. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Jennifer B. Furniture Row Digital Community Coordinator